Acoustic Survey Legend and Results
Select a year from the list on the right to see where surveys have occurred and view the maps showing results from those surveys.
The maps display the route surveyed superimposed on an aerial photograph. Bat encounters along the route are indicated by a symbol that represents the species or group. These symbols are explained below:
Species & GroupsGeneral Classification (HFG, LFG)
- Characteristic frequency identified near the minimum call frequency.
- High Frequency Group (HFG) and Low Frequency Group (LFG) separated with a cutoff value of 35 kHz.
- HFG and LFG are used if 1) too few calls were recorded to further separate, 2) if calls are of low quality recording (fragmented), 3) bat pass does not contain search-phase calls, or 4) general uncertainty.
- Currently, some species are grouped together to prevent misidentification (e.g. EPFU and LANO, and the Myotis species) due to similarities between calls.
- As additional reference calls / passes from species of known individuals (identified in hand after capture and recorded upon release) are added to the reference library we will further distinguish within each species group.